Sunday, August 17, 2008

why is jason varitek getting a divorce

this brief comment on deadspin caught my eye last evening ...

"red sox catcher jason varitek has filed for divorce, and there's at least one batshit theory out there as to why ... central maine sports blog"

so i followed the link to central maine sports blog ... and read my fellow red sox fan's comments ... my reaction ... batshit, no ... idiot or moron, no ... pure speculation, yes ... on a fishing expedition, yes ... fishing in waters where the correct answer may lie, it would appear so ... the question this blogger poses is ...
  1. hazel mae
  2. tina cervasio
  3. heidi watney
  4. derek lowe
  5. none of the above
and i will suggest to you the correct answer is ... heidi watney

what flimsy evidence do i have to back up my claim you ask ... let me recount an intraction i heard one morning last week ... i am streaming the dennis and callahan show on sports radio weei ... felger and dickerson are covering for the soccer moms ... the daily jason varitek bashing is underway ... caller on the phone asks felger and "dick" how much they think varitek's affair with heidi watney is affecting his performance ... next you hear felger say "chach did you get that" ... meaning producer did you use the 10 second delay to silence the caller's comment ... producer "chach" responds "yeah" ... felger then says "well there you go internet listeners, a nugget just for your ears" ... interestingly, felger's co-host "dick" was silent during this entire interchange

to my ears, what i heard michael felger saying was "yeah, i know about the affair ... what the caller just said about varitek and watney is correct ... but because of courtesies extended to certain players by the media ... you will not hear a word about any relationship from me ... or over our public airwaves ... until the moment we learn the reason(s) for varitek's now pending divorce ... then i'll be on it in a heartbeat ... and i'll do it all right here at my new home ... i'll throw varitek and watney under the bus right here at weei.com"

so for the moment, my vote is heidi watney

1 comment:

MattyMSM said...

I have linked to this post on my Sunday morning links. Like I said earlier, nice find...